Friday, January 6, 2012

Review from retired Chief of Police


I am amazed, delighted, and honestly surprised by the author’s candor, truthfulness, honesty and clarity. I’ve read intently of the Vietnam experience in detail. Although I was drafted, I never went to Vietnam and I’ve lived with a chip on my shoulder as to why I stayed stateside. I believed for a long time I should’ve gone, like I let people down…including myself. After reading this book, (and 42 years have passed), I know longer feel "Why me?" With that said, the author’s police writings I can intimately relate to— as a retired Police Chief, former chief of detectives, DEA Interdiction supervisor, FBI task force and weapons instructor, and New York State police instructor. Believe me, I can relate to the authors writings. After 34 years of police service, I retired in 2007, beat cancer, live with the loss of my 21 year old son, ride my old HD Road King, winter in Florida, and smile at the amazement of sunshine, palm trees, a good steak, family, and friends. And now I no longer ask "Why me?"...Thank you again, Russell Jones. I sincerely hope we have a chance to meet one day. Be well, Rich Colozzo.

No comments:

Post a Comment